Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kitting with a little beading thrown in for good measure

In the midst of my kitting yesterday I decided that I needed a new Touch of Whimsy color way.  I previously had two and I prefer to have three color choices at a minimum!

I love the two originals with their pave teardrops and matching 12mm round pave beads, but I wanted an alternative solution so I decided to see what I could come up with using materials on hand.

One and two look like this…..



On this version I inverted a corrugated brass bead I had on hand and used a 12mm Swarovski glass pearl.  I love any opportunity to use my beloved loch rosen (crystal sequins) and in this design they really show up nicely.  Also beloved are 2mm crystals which give added sparkle to the top, in this case using the really precious 2mm gold arum's which are hard to come by.  I love how luminscent the resin balls are.  I usually make a simple raw chain to hang these from but in this case I used a ribbon I had on hand….if I weren't impulsive and impatient I would wait to show you one where the ribbon was a better match but you get the idea.

I think this color way takes the design from whimsy to regal which is a nice change, don't you think?


Most fun about this design is it is entirely doable in a one day class.  It is a rare day we have the possibility of finishing and wearing a seed bead project out of class, and I am not guaranteeing that of course, we all bead at different speeds, but with this one you will at least come within striking distance, which is a nice change of pace some times.  I'll be teaching this a few more times this year!

Now I return to the marathon kitting sessions, preparing for Europe, Beaded Bliss and Alaska all at the same time.  As I have only a few days between each engagement I know that I must be fully prepared before leaving here August 5th, so it's head down with the bead kits for the moment!

2 comments:

Rita said...

The color is very pretty. Sometimes it's so nice to be able to get things finished in a short amount of time!

gaga4graphix said...

Yes, the first two designs are beautiful; but the third one is GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing your designs and especially showing them done with different colors and materials