Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Alpine's day out

Today I beaded with a lovely group of ladies, whose talent, generosity and spirit I've become fond of.  I took Alpine with me....and took some iphone photos...but as with all things technical in nature, well maybe not all things, but I find photo stream, the apple application that in theory takes photos from any of my three apple devices and ports them wirelessly to the other two...well sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Update....the photos have now presented themselves in photo stream, so here you have Alpine, overlooking the view from Sylvia's back yard.


I must admit this was a risky move,....I did have visions of what would happen if I actually dropped it in the water....fortunately I did not have to experience that!



So I don't have the rather excellent photo of Alpine, perched on Sylvias fountain, overlooking the ocean, to show you.  But I will as soon as photo stream decides to cooperate.

My other big adventure was an outing to Weeds, my favorite clothing store in Solano Beach California.
They have eclectic taste in clothing, just the way I like it.  They routinely carry one of my favorite designers, Cynthia Ashby.
 Her clothing is funky but fashionable as a friend always describes my taste in clothes.  Her sizes are generous but not overwhelming, hiding a multitude of sins with over dyed linens and wonderful shapes.  My 'travel test' is to take a handful of fabric and scrunch it up with my fist.  If it unfolds unharmed, it's good, and this was.  The color is dark teal (shown here from her site in purple), the neckline is jewelry friendly and the sleeves are the perfect length.  A perfect bead teaching outfit!

1 comment:

The bad Liz said...

I just found a boutique in Detroit that has some of her items and it's about 1 miles from where I work! Guess where I am going next week?