Tuesday, July 3, 2012

the Pacific Northwest

I am pretty sure I could have lived here. The natural beauty is so exceptional, the greenery so refreshing, the cool air so invigorating. the days are perfect for exploring and the evenings which remain light until late are perfect for retreating into a cozy environment and beading or crocheting or just gazing at the idyllic view.



Could it be more gorgeous? Yes I do think I would be happy here, but it's not in the cards, so instead I am going to soak in every bit of this visit. Tomorrow we are off to Victoria for a two days, which begin with a ferry ride. I am hoping to see whales!

2 comments:

kbradseth said...

I'm a regular reader of your blog and I always enjoy your art and thoughts, in general. Seeing recently that you were married in White Bear Lake, I know you'll appreciate a comparison of your idyllic Pacific Northwest day and my not-so-idyllic Minneapolis day. 100 degrees and HUMID, here. Mosquitoes, too =) Happy 4th of July!
Kris

swellknits said...

Oh sure, it's idyllic today but can you imagine it raining steady for weeks even months at a time throughout the eternal winters?!$# Just want to help you regain perspective and keep you in San Diego where you belong! On your veranda with a hot tub in jumping distance!