Saturday, June 2, 2012

Color Theme

It seems that all my jewelry lately is using soft colored pearls and metallic crystals.  And I can't say I mind.  If you work in a theme for awhile you end up with jewelry that all works together.  



Which is a great bonus.  Each of these pieces while subtly different in their coloration, when worn to together make for a very coordinated look.  And with my wardrobe....black, white, some lavender thrown in for good measure and some hot pink, these look excellent with all of them.  

It may be this will be my Bead and Button 'uniform' cuts down on the decision making.

Do you have a tendency to work in a color theme?  I know at least one artist who has made an exploration of stitch construction and texture, using all one color seed beads.  It makes a stunning statement.

The bracelet I showed you in process the other day is done, you can see it in the background there.  I love it, and can't wait to do the next one, or three.  I want to do this one in the inverse colors.  The 12 mm platinum pearl is on order so I have to find some patience.  Although I think I may have same mauve in the 12 mm and if I do that will be my plane project.

I thought I had sworn off of 6:30 a.m. flights, but apparently not...it never seems so bad when you're making the reservation, but getting up at 4:30, it's a tad early.

A few more preparations, signage, important paper organization, some packing and perhaps tomorrow will be a day of relaxation before Monday's early morning flight to Milwaukee!

6 comments:

Kepi said...

I love your colors, very beautiful. The bracelet is gorgeous, can't wait to see more.

Helen said...

Marcia, I love your bright colours, but I must say that these gorgeous monochromatic tones really speak to me. They are so very rich, elegant and timeless and have the look of fine jewelery. Colour trends come and go, but these are forever.
As for your plane flight....there's a 6:30 AM? Are you sure???? AM...really?

Marcia DeCoster said...

Sadly yes Helen, 6:30 a.m. which means arriving, at least supposedly at 5:30 a.m.

lynsey said...

Loving your current pallet Marcia.
I don't think I stick to a pallet of colour mostly, but I do have a thing for matt beads

SCHMÜCKLICH said...

Oh, the colours are so beautiful! I like this set very much!!!

Nissa said...

Love your color choices!!