Friday, February 10, 2012

Urban Stitch Studio

A couple of years ago at a Swarovski event in Tucson I met Pat Reisenburger for the first time. She was delightful and I felt like we connected, but our time was brief as it often is at these shows.

But this time, Pat and I had a little more time to chat and it was excellent getting to spend that time with her. Her current body of work is all about felting and crystal, a combination I love. I wish I had taken more pictures because all of her work was stunning. I did manage to acquire a pair of the earrings that I admired so much. I stopped at one pair, but there were covered hoops I loved as well and fortunately for me, she sells them as kits over at her website Urban Stitch Studio.



Pat also writes a very entertaining blog and keeps the urban stitch Facebook page up to date. There you can see a photo of the poinsettia holiday pillow that she was stitching as we were visiting in Tucson.

So I encourage you to have a visit over at Urban Stitch Studios where the lovely Pat Reisenburger presides.

Wednesday I started the second Lilliana for my Bead and Button class and I love this soft pale aqua matte bead, together with the 2 mm gold arum crystal. I predict it will be a new favorite!

3 comments:

Tia Dalma said...

I love Pat's blog...she offers some great advice as well as awesome stories!

And I am really loving the soft aqua colors in this piece...so pretty and feminine!

Helen said...

Love the earrings and the aqua is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh that aqua rocks! I am so hoping someday to go to a show!