Monday, February 13, 2012

oooh sparkle

Yep, this piece is loaded with Swarovski elements...xilions, ovals, graphic bead, rhombus, and pearls, with a few seed beads thrown in for good measure and to hold it all together.



It will be in a publication next year, so if you like your sparkle as much as I do directions will be available. I'll keep you posted.

Yesterdays milestone of the first 8 book projects was big. This piece needs to be sent off with directions tomorrow, and then a class at the studio on Wednesday followed by three more days of direction writing, independent of the book. Then I should be free and clear for all book all the time.

I also need to do a bit of studio clearing so my guests will have a place to work on Wednesday! The studio surfaces have gotten a tad out of control again!

Oh and I cast on a new jeweled cowl out of hand dyed silk....it is so luscious I can hardly wait to show you. I may however make the decision to start again since I trusted my memory which is a foolish thing to do and the pattern repeat is a little off. Perhaps tomorrow.....oranges and fuchsias, so pretty.

15 comments:

Helen said...

Y-U-M-M-Y !!!

Terry from Alaska said...

When is the new book coming out again? Looking forward to it.

Marcia DeCoster said...

My book is coming out in fall of 13 Terry. This is one for a Kalmbach book of which I am only one of the artists. I think it is due out next summer.

Unknown said...

SWOONING!!!! I can't wait for this one!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! So excited for the new book and all the delicious new projects!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Well Jenn you still have 13 to keep you busy in the current book!

Unknown said...

12 now, but that doesn't mean I'm not stoked for the next one! It just means it'll be continuous Marcia Madness!

Francesca Watson said...

Wow. I love this. Very, very cool!

Böbe Ikotics said...

Wonderful, very nice work! Congratulations

Ingrid said...

Marcia,
Your previews and teasers just kill me :o) Any chance Kalmbach would reconsider the date and publish your book earlier. It's just too long...........
Kind regards,
Ingrid

H.T. said...

Hello,Marcia:-)
I can hardly wait for Your next book.I adore 'beaded Opulence',which is one of my favorities.
The crystal bracelet is astounding/like all Your fantastic Works!/I like the variety of crystals'shapes and colors,You have used here.Lookind at its photo,each time I can discover something new,so I can say - this design is never boring,as for the light in crystals-each time different and for its beadweaving style.
Happy to have found Your Blog.
Happy to get in touch with my Favorite Artist.
Best Greetings from Sweden-Halinka-

Bizzy B said...

Love your designs. Also looking forward to a picture of your knitting. I'm always looking for small projects & am wondering how difficult it is to knit with silk.

vwise said...

Another great design!!! Let see 10 months and counting until 2013 for another great BOOK my Marcia.

violet said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous!
Mardel

violet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.