Saturday, September 3, 2011

Seattle

We decided to come a day early before out Alaskan cruise gets underway. We chose a hotel near the waterfront with a little bit of luxury, Hotel 1000 for the curious. It's a nicely appointed room with a city view and a peek of a water view.

It turned out to be a relaxing evening started off with an in room glass of wine followed by a Waterfront dinner at Elliots, known for their excellent seafood.

The oysters were perfect!






We followed that up with a trip to Molly Moons for Ice Cream. I was introduced to Molly Moons on my last trip to Seattle a few weeks back and decided an encore was in order.

Daughter Casey, stylist and part time Starbucks Barista collects Starbucks gift cards and given my frequent travels I'm designated to add to the collection. Well completely by accident I scored a card from the original first Starbucks At Pikes Market. An accident because I didn't know that bit of history, it's just the one we happened upon after dinner.







and our walk home yielded this Seattle Art Museum photo - my first granddaughter's name is Sam, so it's perfect.







It's been a grand time so far, and next we board the Westerdam and set sail for Juneau.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Honey from the Bee said...

That WAS the hotel we stayed in! Isn't it fabulous? Perfect location and size.

I know you're enjoying our wonderful weather that has finally arrived. Have fun!

LoriF said...

I love Seattle and miss it so much since we moved to the east 7 yrs ago...have fun for me!
Have you done the Underground Tour? It's a don't miss!

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful vacation photos and stories!!