Friday, June 17, 2011

It's Peonies season

and what could be prettier?



Every year about this time you can buy a bouquet of peonies at Trader Joes. Their tight small bud opens into this glorious flower.

Flowers are one of my sheer joys in life! That and babies, and that I'll get to experience tomorrow.

Grand daughter Sam will travel back with us on Monday and we'll find some wonderful thing to do together, besides eat oysters on the half shell which is an annual tradition.

Enjoy your Father's Day....I may be scarce but I'll be thinking of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them too! Although sadly in Baltimore our time for them has been over for a few weeks. I was able to bring a bunch in the house and they smelled so nice!

Unknown said...

Peonies are wonderful flowers, I love them so much! My last cake was with peonies out of sugar and the cake was a romantic summer dream :-)