Saturday, May 21, 2011

Amulet purses

Sadly I can't yet show you the purses I'm working on. They belong to other people, entrusted to me for a little while, each one requiring something different of me.

It's my first round robin and I'm having a grand time. The job is to make a beaded amulet and send it on it's way to the next person in your group. Each purse will travel to 3 different people, receiving embellishment, fringe and finally a strap. And each person will receive 3 purses, one of which they will embellish, one they will fringe and one they will add a necklace.

My first job was embellishment and I loved both the purse I received from Laura Zeiner and the embellishments I added.

Yesterday I received the purse beaded by Nancy Dale. My job on this one is add fringe. If you know Nancy, then you also know her own fringing capabilities are stellar. So I worried about being able to come up with a unique fringe that would suit the bag.

I laid the purse on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white paper and with pencil sketched some possible fringe choices. I have a plan! I'll be beading it this weekend, so I can get the purse on it's way.

It is going to be so fun to see the finished purses. My start was a bronzy right angle weave small purse which tapered to a point. I can't wait to see how it's been enhanced. Thanks to Darcy for organizing this event and inviting me to be part of it.

And now I'm off to a bead society meeting featuring glass artist Wayne Robbins. Full report tomorrow!

No comments: