Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Medici Drop

In case you're new here or missed it, you may want to take a scroll down the side bar and click on the photo of medici drop earrings where you will find a free pdf tutorial with my latest variation.



While this pair has the newly added texture it does not have the sparkle of the 2 mm crystals. They really are a stellar addition to the design. Adding just the smallest touch of sparkle can make a huge difference. Give it a try!

No cubic zirconia teardrops? Lot's of different drops work perfectly. Raid your stash, you'll most likely find a suitable replacement.

Oh, and if you've made some, please send me a picture. I suspect it may be the most made item in the book, and I'd love to see what you did with them.

6 comments:

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Very pretty!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!

violet said...

LOVE the colorway!

orlyc said...

Dear Marcia! Such a beatiful earring, thank you!
And this colorway.....WOW!!! Love it!
Orly

Szikati said...

Wonderful earring, thank you for the instructions!!!

vwise said...

thanks for instructions, raiding my stash to make a pair this weekend.

De nudos y cuentas said...

Thank you very much for sharing the new version!!! I love the earrings in the book, and I’ll do these.

I have done some but I haven’t found the drops, so they are quite different. Because my computer doesn’t allow me to email thought the blog, I post my photos here, I hope you don’t mind.

Two versions, and a Medici necklace.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/denudosycuentas/4829933997/in/set-72157622053811627

http://www.flickr.com/photos/denudosycuentas/4627280357/in/set-72157622053811627

http://www.flickr.com/photos/denudosycuentas/4627283437/in/photostream