Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Full production mode

I'm gearing up for the Bead and Button show in Milwaukee which means back to full production mode. Fortunately following my weekend visitors and Bead Society class in the studio, the decks were cleared and I have a nice clean place to start from.

Today, four colors of Under the Mast will be kitted, and I'm planning a couple of more. I'd like a blue one with dark silver beads and a pink one with light silver perhaps, most likely not before B&B though.

In the meantime I am working on color for the second 'points' piece (it's temporary name) I definitely want to use a bronze chain so I'm working with bronze and gold beads. More analogous then the first, but I'm liking it so far. See those tiny little beads to the right? They are 2 mm gold aurum crystal...Wow! I'm thinking of using them on the ridged seams that join the points.



In this weekends 'Little Hoot' photo sessions I had thought I didn't manage a good shot of Kate, but I hadn't looked closely because I think this one is lovely.



Hoot was left behind on my recent cruise, hiding out in a suitcase from a previous trip, but he will definitely be joining me on my trip to Florida next week. I'll be teaching at Crystal Creations. Will I see you there?

3 comments:

Terry in Alaska said...

The points piece has an interesting flow to it and the new bronze color is one I like as well as the original. It was a real treat having you teach at Alaska Bead Company. Come teach again with some of your new designs please!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Thanks Terry, I loved Alaska and I would love to come teach again. Lot's new since I was there last!

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Beautiful necklace!!!
I love it!!!