Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beaded Bowls

Bits and pieces

I reached into the bowl of bits and pieces, forgotten pieces of beadwork that over time failed to hold my interest long enough to become completed projects.





But then Dustin gifted me a beaded bowl and Jeannette beaded a bowl ring and Kate talked about bowls and I reached in and pulled out this beautifully cupped pearl and crystal bowl and I'm love with it all over again. I don't know why it was abandoned, I want to bead it now. The lovely circular square stitch bowl in the background is Dustin's the pearl and crystal one is mine, but then I bet you would have guessed that.



It started it's life as brick stitch but turned into right angle weave, funny that.

4 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

I like it that we are all beading bowls

Malin de Koning said...

All your deserted projects look so great and I am inspired to try some new things. I definetly have to try to bead a bowl soon. Very pretty. And what great gifts. That one by Dustin looks just my style. The third picture down in your post gave me an idea for a structure that could look really good. Hey what's going on here? I am NOT a bead stitching expert who come up with new things like that ... People giving inspiration are wonderful. Thank you!

Robbie said...

So much talent!! How very cool!

Malin de Koning said...

Hi again Marcia,
Just thought I'd let you know I indeed ended up beading a bowl. And then another two. I'm hooked :-)

Please check my blog post about it.

http://beadingbymalindekoning.blogspot.com/2011/05/mini-beaded-bowls.html

Thank you very very much for your inspirational spark! And say hello to Dustin from me.

All my best,
Malin