Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Amazon book reviews

Recently Sherry's book, Sensational Bead Embroidery was released and everywhere I go I hear rave reviews. This book is fourth in the Lark's Beadweaving Master Class series. If you are one of those people who are enamored with the beautiful content in this book, why not take a couple of minutes to write your five star Amazon review.

It's easy and is one of the best ways you can share your delight and help others to decide on this excellent book. go to Amazon, search on the book title or author, click on the book, click on reviews and then on write a review, it's easy!



I was reluctant about asking you to review my own book, but I won't be shy about Sherry's, Maggie's or Rachel's (both due out this Fall). So many people sent me personal emails, but either didn't know or were to shy to write a public review. Your words don't have to be profound, just list some of the things that make you happy about the book and don't forget to check those stars!

In general any book you enjoy can benefit from a good Amazon review, but since I am a member of this bead community, I really urge you to help out those authors by sharing your comments and acknowledging their hard work.

I myself have to get better at taking this advice, but I've now reviewed Kate's (the Jewelry Architect) and Sherry's (Sensational Bead Embroidery) book and will be sure to give any book I enjoy that vote of confidence. Please won't you do the same, it makes a difference. Thank you.

Oh and if you are so inclined reviews for 'Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence' can be written here

6 comments:

Terry in Alaska said...

I bought Sherry Seraphini's book just for the eye candy- I have bought several kits from her with rivolis and such and now all that information and learning tools are published in one book-I love it!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Hi Terry, If you get a minute or two consider sharing your love with Amazon, it really is a huge help to sales which is of course ultimately a huge help to the artist!

Terry in Alaska said...

My review is there. I followed thru.

Marcia DeCoster said...

thank you Terry!

Anonymous said...

Marcia, speaking of Sherry's book...when I got home from the BC and was checking my emails, I noticed a blog I frequent was giving away a copy of her book, so I signed up...low and behold two days later, I had an email that said I had won it...So, now I have Jean's new book; Sherry's new book (when it gets here) and I think I need a new one from a certain Ms. DeCoster...any in the works by the way? I loved your classes on the bc and was even working on the Queen Anne's lace in the Houston Airport while waiting for my flight. A bunch of women came over and wanted to know/see what I was doing. They thought it was beautiful! Kudo's to you! Will send your's and Jean's pic soon. Its so cute. Thanks for the great lessons..Pat Williams, Charlotte, NC

AFlyOnTheWall said...

Thank you for this post Marcia - it always makes me NUTS when I go to review a book on Amazon or GoodReads or Shelfari and see that no one bothers to review Art books.

It is a crime when you see the amount of effort and heart each artist pours into them and the amazing quality that Lark continually comes through with!

Robyn