Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Road to Opulence

My Journey with Beads....That is the name of the talk I will be giving Tuesday March 15th at the Northern California Bead Society.

I hope to do it justice! Although I was never a member since the trip from Santa Cruz to Emeryville at night seemed daunting, I consider the San Francicso Bay Area home so I am honored to be asked to be a part of the meeting.

It has been interesting contemplating my journey.....I think of it as my second accidental career. My first in information technology was good timing and an affinity for systems and project management that was natural, not planned or learned.

I did leave that career to explore being an artist at my husbands urging, so I guess in that respect it was not that accidental, but arriving at a place where I've enjoyed the ability to earn a living working with beads, I don't think I planned that part. But it's working out and I'm grateful.

So the next three weeks are huge for me, first Beading by the Bay, our second annual, with full enrollment! So many friends from last year to visit with, so many new ones to meet, and my co-teachers Maggie and Jean!

And then.....there is a baby to visit. I can barely stand waiting to hold little Malayna in my arms again. You see daughter Lucia remained in the Bay Area so any visit there is going to be special. Did I show you this picture already, I might have, but it touches my heart so, her little fingers with her Grandpa's hand.



Through the miracle of Skype I just got to see her!

We'll be taking the good camera, portrait lens and tripod and take some family pictures.

After my talk we'll drive back to San Diego and get ready for our Bead Cruise, where more friends await.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

Life is good. Congratulations on the birth of your new grand baby.

Honey from the Bee said...

She's beautiful. Life is beautiful isn't it?! Enjoy.

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I can't believe how tiny she looks! She certainly is lovely. Enjoy, grandma!