Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ferny creek

I'm up in the mountains! Through the miracle of the Internet, I'm visiting with Arlene's friend Joni. Arlene and Joni met online, both being felters and living a half a world apart, they've forged an internet friendship.

When I announced my plans to teach in Melbourne, Arlene suggested we should meet.

Joni and partner Phillip picked me up and transported me to their mountaintop home among the ferns and the birds.










This is one of the King parrots who came to feast on the feeding trough.

Here is Joni in the fabulous felted coat. The coat is a collaboration of several different artists. You might notice that I had a bit of a play with the colorsplash application.









A fine example of a waratah in the beautiful gardens that surround their home.








It's been a lovely day.


2 comments:

Arlenesfelt said...

I'm so delighted for you two to meet. Can't wait to hear all about your visit.

Arlenesfelt said...

p.s the links don't work.