Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A trip to Melbourne

I love cities and I especially love exploring a new one, getting a feel for the shops, the people, the art, the culture of a city

There were photo opportunities everywhere, flowers and architecture...floral arrangements were exotic and unique


This was the most excellent Haupton tea shop in Block arcade. The arcades were plentiful in the City Centre, with tall arched ceilings and mosaic floors, and intriguing shops.



This one's for Mark who would have delighted in all the fruited treats offered here.


A carved owl that I found intriguing, along with several others in a shop window.



And a restaurant for chocolate and sweets, this was only one page on the menu marquee. I think I will visit on my next trip into the city.


Tomorrow I will fly to Hobart and have my first teaching engagement on Saturday and Sunday. I'll be teaching a process class with diamonds and ellipses so that should be fun.

Until then, Cheers!

3 comments:

Arlenesfelt said...

Sounds like a bit of a European feeling in the city. Can't believe you are over there. So exciting.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful collection of photos, Marcia... thanks for sharing. The flowers and sculpture were as enticing to the senses as the chocolate menu was to the appetite!

Lexi Schwartz said...

So have you learned the correct prounciation of the town?