Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An auction to help

I read Andrew Thornton's thoughtful blog regularly and wanted to be a part of our wonderful artist community who finds a way to help their fellow artist when needed.

Andrew has been facing mounting medical bills and less then the normal time to devote to his art and could use a little help. If you don't know Andrew, he is a kind, gentle, thoughtful and artistic soul. I've been fortunate to meet him and be gifted one of his whimsical drawings.

I've decided to auction off my latest challenge piece in this issue of Beadwork. All proceeds will go directly to Andrew, so please bid accordingly.






You may know that I seldom sell my work so this is a rare opportunity to own a piece. The last piece I auctioned for a good cause went to a most appropriate home. I'm sure this piece will be that way as well.

To read details and bid, click here

2 comments:

shibori girl said...

This is so nice of you. I recently joined the Etsy Beadweavers Street Team and there has been a swell of positive action there to help.

I enjoy reading your posts regularly, and take plenty of time to drool over your lovely photos.

Kate (Shibori Girl)

Marcia DeCoster said...

@ Shibori girl, I'm so glad to see that you read the posts, I'm a big fan of your ribbons. I was just at Beads By Blanche where she has sewn the ribbons into tubes which make a great necklace for beaded bobbles.