Monday, June 28, 2010

My favorite new beading spot!

It's a pretty time of year in Southern California. Perfect temperatures in the mid 70's every day. Morning cloud cover burning off to reveal blue skies, gentle breezes, and the perfect time to bead out of doors.

We're working on creating a backyard oasis, and we started with the veranda. It's my favorite new place to bead. I'm listening to the Girl Who Played with Fire, the second in a trilogy starting with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.



And we christened it as a dining spot this week as well. I predict lots of wonderful evenings here. (you might notice the bead mat still on the side of the table.....)



And before the dining began I finished the second Aurelia, destined for Creative Castle. I'll be teaching Aurelia this year at The Beading Frenzy in San Mateo, California on Aug 14th, at Creative Castle in Newbury Park, California the weekend of Sept 25th and at Beads by Blanche in Bergenfield, New Jersey the weekend of Oct 2nd. It's a great project with multiple techniques, including ndebele, circular right angle weave and a touch of peyote.



The bracelet has lots of great texture and the clasp....peyote, imagine that!



And you thought I didn't know how?

7 comments:

abeadlady said...

Love the veranda. Lucky you! We are looking forward to seeing you at our Bead Retreat in August.

ShoesZan said...

You continue to impress and inspire me. Love your new "beading/dining" area. Wish I could come over.

BeadsForever said...

Truly a special spot. I can see why you love it so much.

Pepita said...

I think it is lovely, although I would have expected a matching beadmat to go with the pillows;-)

Perlen und Pinsel said...

Ein wunderbarer Platz für Inspiration, da wär ich auch gerne.
LG Claudia

Michelle said...

Love the veranda...lucky lady! It looks so crisp!
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Heather said...

What a wonderful relaxing place to create your beaded jewelry. A great veranda to come home to.