Friday, December 4, 2009

A Most Excellent Evening

It's rare that I get to spend time with my traveling bead artist colleagues. Typically once or twice a year at a show we'll manage a dinner or a quick hug between classes, a small chat perhaps. So it is with great excitement that I am hosting both Janice Berkebile and Kate McKinnon this weekend! Janice is here teaching at the Shepherdess and Kate is teaching in my studio, which is all very nice, but mostly I'm happy to spend beautiful evenings over a meal, sharing time together.

And the other bonus...my ring has returned home. You may remember that Kate and I did a ring trade last year, my ring to her was beaded and hers was done in metal clay. This amazing ring is part of an upcoming book and had been held captive for photo shoots until now. Both birds spin just freely enough to position themselves while wearing and for a ring with 2 spinny birds, 1 inch high it is surprisingly comfortable to wear. Here they are flying away from one another

Kate refers to the little one on the left having a peevish expression



I think the one on the right is looking sweet and rather long suffering as if he's been turning his back on her too long


Occasionally I look down and they are totally aligned flying in the same direction. Suffice it to say that I love this ring!

The weekend is going to be stellar! Today I'm off to Heather Trimletts garden show where I will see Jeannette among other artists. This is followed by dinner with Janice. Tomorrow I will sit in class with Kate and then off to the Walkabout in South Park where I will be selling some beadwork at the Grove (a rarity for me, you may want to stop by) and then Sunday more of the same good company.

And to top it off the weather is producing a perfect cool, clear, sunshiney San Diego day!

3 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

Looking at these photos of the ring, it makes me want to move the rivet head down into the female bird's body. She sort of looks impaled from these angles.

The ring is gorgeous on you, Marcia, and I particularly enjoyed it paired with your white nightdress this morning over coffee.

: )

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Still wishing I was there this weekend with you both but I love reading both your blogs covering the events! Enjoy.

Jean Hutter said...

Love that ring it is beautiful.