Monday, November 16, 2009

San Francisco Bay!

This weekend I flew up to San Francisco for a visit to the Crowne Plaza where we (Susan Kazarian, the Beading Frenzy and myself) will be having our first Beading by the Bay retreat. Susan selected the hotel but I hadn't had a chance to visit yet.

I may have mentioned before that I am a tad bit of a hotel snob. I like a nice lobby, a good restaurant helps a lot, and I love a contemporary room, with nice linens, flat panel tv and granite in the bathroom.



Then a short walk to a trail along the bay or a pedestrian bridge over to a selection of restaurants, and a free shuttle to and from the airport. Well the Crowne Plaza has it all. I also visited the meeting rooms which were roomy and comfortable and the fireside room where lunch will be served.


Speaking of which we stayed for lunch and the food was excellent. I had a beautifully dressed salad with a lightly fried calamari, and it was nicely presented, always a plus.

But of course you wouldn't come just for the nice hotel, there will also be beading!


Three really compelling projects by three really competent artists, Jean Campbell, Maggie Meister and Me! The projects will be offered in three colorways and a supply list will be available should you wish to bring your own beads. Go have a look at the details...we'd love to have you!

No comments: