Thursday, October 29, 2009

Brilliant Design

Stunning beadwork is being produced, I love it. Look at this exquisite pendant from Bev over at No Easy Beads....



I love everything about it, the coloration, jet nut and jetab2x, what's not to love. And look at how she incorporated seeds into the chain, yep brilliant!

I met Bev on the Bead Cruise first in 2008 and again this past February and she is as nice as she is talented.

Bev described needing to put her beads front and center in order find the inspiration. And to that end I have taken the crystals out of their closed door storage space and up onto the the slot wall.



So I'm off to the fixture store to get some more acrylic trays so that the crystal may see the light of day!

5 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

I LOVE beading chain, or running fiber through it.

That is such a great piece. Thanks for posting examples of other great beadwork. We should go on a binge, and post the most amazing beadwork we see. (rushing off to find a Maggie Meister pic)...

AJ said...

That's beautiful! And I can see one reason why you were drawn to it... the color story is very similar to the Matte Metallic kit for your Tahoe bracelet! (and now that I finally have Fireline at home, I'll be finishing mine soon. Yay!)

susanc said...

That is really gorgeous! I have all my crystals on a shelf in clear storage - I just love looking at them and it is so much easier to be inspired.

Beverly Herman said...

Marcia thank you so much for such a lovely blog post about the new pendant. You made me feel special! Your crystals are going to be so happy out in the open where you can see them.

The bad Liz said...

Bev's piece is wonderful, isn't it? And I love the crystals on the wall, as Bev said - they will be happy, as will you.