Friday, July 31, 2009

May Grey, June Gloom, July ?

Seems the greyness of San Diego morning has continued through July. I'm used to waking up to a beautiful sunrise, but not so, the majority of this month the thick marine layer extends the ten miles inland where I live and mornings are still and grey.


Now I love my weather, really could have considered it a career perhaps, and I have to take my weather drama anywhere I can get it when living in San Diego, but this greyness is getting old.


It's such a tease, because I love the occassional rainy day or week, whipping wind and the ensuing coziness, but we don't ever get that in the summer, never, we just get this tease of a grey start to the day which will burn off to brilliant cloudless sunshine. This is a sunrise from a previous time reflected in the port hole on the front of my house.



My friend Holli is getting married on a boat in San Diego bay tomorrow evening. I guess there are those times that you can 100% count on that it won't rain is a good thing. I bet she thinks so.


2 comments:

SharDon Exclusives said...

When I found your blog last night I could not get enough! I was up until 5:30 this morning just reading away & admiring your beautiful jewelry! I am so glad I found a kindred spirit in blogland...sharon

Marcia DeCoster said...

Hi SharDon, thank you for the kind comment