Wednesday, July 29, 2009

February Lady Sweater

When I don't bead I knit. I've actually been knitting for much longer, since I was ten in fact. I remember my first green and white stockinette stitch scarf which rolled on the sides because I didn't know any better, but I was still so proud.

Despite knowing how to cable, make lace, knit fair aisle, and having made many garments including socks, I still don't consider myself much of a technical knitter. Mostly because the whole gauge yarn substition thing, all that math, still escapes me.

But with FLS I have an advantage, 4 friends (and about 8,000 other knitters) who have gone before me and paved the way, and whose sweaters I've tried on and whose gauge I've trusted, so I boldly cast this one without a gauge swatch.

Isn't it a pretty purple? Louisa Harding, Grace Hand-dyed, 50% merino 50% silk



And the sweet little stitch markers which I put together with some enamel charms from the Bead Monkey in Minneapolis.



Gail, Susan and Judy are done and Val is almost done, so I am waaaaay behind. But I have a goal to finish this by the 4th weekend in September. I'll keep you posted. I like to get up really early and go find a quiet spot to knit awhile, I think I'll go do that.

4 comments:

The bad Liz said...

Pretty colour - not what I would expect.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Liz brings up the question why purple?

Gail did my favorite lime green
Judy did the Teal I loved
Susan did a lovely pale blue
Val did a vibrant orange

I had to have my own color, that's the way we all are.....

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the photo of all of you ladies together wearing your sweaters!

Bead-Mused said...

Pretty color! The yarn almost looks like it has a sheen in the photo. Can't wait to see the complete sweater modeled, and to see what jewelry you creat to go with it (you know you will!).