Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Bead Store at the Grove

Seems like I've been telling you this forever and life just keeps on getting in the way of getting it done. However I continue to purchase for my bead debut in the Grove, and put packages of beads together and count crystals for the store and....generally get ready. It's a rather large undertaking to count/weigh price and label everything.

But I have always had a dream of a super creative space with super creative people where you could go and be inspired and shop for supplies and visit with friends and make stuff and the Grove is that dream for me, so despite a really busy year I am determined to be a part of the vision that Susan and Judy and I are building with much help and support from friends Gail and Val.

Judy is JudiPatuti and has put together a fabulous array of fun summer fabrics and Susan has had the yarn shop for 5 years and together they are combining the knits and the fabrics into fun designs.




Now we just need to add the beads!

So although I'm not entirely ready, tonight is a South Park Walkabout and I will be setting up my new curio cabinet and tempting my future clients with a look at some of my beadwork.

And if you live anywhere near San Diego, this is a really fun thing to do!

2 comments:

Mellisa said...

I'm so sorry I didn't see your post until this evening! I would have loved to go to the South Park Walkabout. Beautiful yarn/fabric color combinations, I see some inspiration there!

Valerie said...

I hope the Walkabout was a huge success Marcia! I'm so sorry I missed out. I can't wait to see the beads on display there. Very exciting times, yes!