Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Building of a Website

First off, I'm packing, really I am, see.....




It's just not quite urgent enough yet, so in between I'm working on the new website. I'm fortunate that husband Mark is a big assist in this area. I maintain my current site and know my way around Dreamweaver a bit, but he's the real brains. However look and feel, that's my department and yesterday I discovered Kuler!


Kuler, I am assuming pronounced, Color is an Adobe product. It suggests pallettes but will also create them from a picture. Once you upload your picture the program will create a pallette based on the picture. Options are Colorful, Bright, Muted, Deep, Dark or Custom. In custom you drag circles around the picture until you have selected 5 colors.




But the fun doesn't stop there. You name and save your pallette then click on an icon to display the HSV, RGB, CMYK, LAB or Hex values of the colors in your pallette.


But wait! You can also select a rule to change the pallette to analogous, monochromatic, triad, complementary, compound or shades. This has potential for interferring with the packing schedule.

Can you tell I'm excited?

No comments: